To ensure the highest possible standards in PDT training, research, and evidence based patient treatment, we encourage colleagues to offer their departments as Centres of Excellence in PDT for dermatological conditions.
To be eligible as a centre of excellence, a department shall:
- Be managed and supervised by an EURO-PDT accredited PDT Specialist.
- Demonstrate expertice in the field of PDT.
- Operate a PDT service established on evidence-based guidelines, evident from audit.
- Have the appropriate infrastructure/facilities including an appropriate illumination system.
- Treat over 100 patients per annum with PDT.
- Have a PDT staff attending at least one educational event specific for PDT per annum.
- Educate medical personnel in PDT.
The Centre of Excellence Programme is a EURO-PDT concept, independent of commercial sponsorship.
The website of EURO-PDT, www.euro-pdt.org will host a list of all Centres of Excellence providing a contact point for patients, referal of patients and for local and international organisations.
Applications including documentation of the prerequisites shall be adressed to: The Certification Committee, EURO-PDT.
To obtain the Centre of Excellence Distinction, an audit with site inspection by a member of the EURO-PDT Certification Committee is mandatory.
The certificate is valid for 5 years.
The cost of the Certification is Euros: 1700,- plus the travel costs for the inspection.
If the center intends to use the EURO-PDT Centre of Excellence Logo for their purposes (website advertisement, letterhead etc.) for the duration of the validity of the certificate a fee of Euros 950,- will be charged.