To ensure the highest possible standards in treatment of patients we encourage colleagues to apply for a PDT Specialist Certificate.
To be eligible for a PDT Specialist Certificate, the applicant shall require to have:
- Participated in an EURO-PDT approved course on topical PDT.
- Passed a EURO-PDT examination on topical PDT.
- Participated in at least one annual EURO-PDT Congress.
- Treated at least 30 patients with PDT based on evidence-based guidelines.
- Access to the necessary infrastructure including an appropriate illumination system.
The PDT Specialist Programme is a EURO-PDT concept, independent of commercial sponsorship.
The website of EURO-PDT, www.euro-pdt.org hosts a list of all EURO-PDT certified Specialists.
Certified Specialists are providing a contact point for patients, referral of patients and for local and international organisations.
Applications including documentation of the prerequisites shall be addressed to: The Certification Committee, EURO-PDT.
The Specialist Certificate is valid for 5 years.
The cost of the Specialist Certificate is Euros: 450,-
If the specialist intends to use the EURO-PDT Specialist Certificate Logo for his/her purposes (website advertisement, letterhead etc.) for the duration of the validity of the certificate a fee of Euros 950,- will be charged.